Pages

Saturday 1 October 2011

lake side for a short day session

Well on Sunday was the great north run and all roads were packed so we didn’t get to manage to come out but we got the opportunity to come out on Monday night after school for a few hour session on our very local lake this lake used to be a members lake but it isn’t any more it holds a large head of carp at all ranges and some high twenties to. We fished here last week and I lost a nice mirror and my dad had a small mirror. Since only fishing for a few hours we took the light weight option and fished a very wet and muddy peg which was just water and grass, bogged up but we fished there to maximize our chances. Both of us fished feeder gear and fished the same area since there isn’t any real pegs, well there is some but not many. We fished to the other side of the lake to the reeds I fished the far right in the corner and he fished in the middle and I went with corn on the hair and he fished with halibut. In the feeder I had a mix of pellets I had sticky baits blood work, dna slk pellet and some local lake brand pellets and to prepare them I just put them in a tub covered with water then drained them straight away and they become perfect feeder pellets. My rig was 12lb mainline and 10lb hooklenth a size 12 hook and just used a middy shot gun feeder with a korum quick change bead and instead of using hair stops I used a korum stop, can’t remember the name. well into the session I was casting out the feeder every few mins at the start to create a bed of bait and then I started extending the time and at first I had a huge wrap around on my tip and struck into it and tip bent round but the hooklenth snapped so I got heavier line and cast it back out and after that after a very long fight just giving it even pressure and slowly playing it I managed to get a 10lb mirror in the net and then the net handle broke so it swimmed back out and I had to play the fish again and he had to net the fish with just the net head. And that was a lovely dark mirror well pleased.

And after that using the same tactics I got a lovely 9lb common a real chunky fish with a big thick belly. And that was a lovely fish.

Over all I’m really happy with the way the session went and can’t wait to fish there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment