Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

24hour session on the dam wall 5th september

Back down to wellham on the dam wall for a session, it was meant to be a 48hour session but I couldn’t make it Sunday due to being ill, so it had to be a 24hour session although my dad still went on Sunday as well. When I got there I give him full choice of where to fish and he picked the right side, because that had been more productive and the night before he had 3 fish. I got set up and on the left rod I put it near the trees because Kelly had noticed lots of silt getting swooshed up, so it showed the carp were active, on that rod I had a dna slk boilie topped of with pink corn and that was just a simple korda safe zone with a simple lead clip system with a short hooklenth and this week I tried something a little different, instead of just putting shrink tubing on the eye I put it all away round to about 2/3 of the way round and that give it a good hook turning point, and I just coupled that with a small pva bag of pellets which were the dna slk pellets which had been soaking in the matching glug for about 3 weeks, all I don’t to prepare them was put a few handfuls in a bag and just put some liquid in the bag but just enough to coat the pellets and after 3 weeks it had soaked in and left a potent smell, but I guess its what the carp like. On the right hand rod I had the exact same rig but on the hair I had a cell dumbbell and just used that the same way. not long into that I had a screaming run and I lost it a far way out but I quickly reeled it in attached a new bag and cast it straight back out. After about an hour and a half of fishing I was going to have a go of the boat and my alarm buzzed but just a line bite but right on the spot was a fish crashed and when I got to me rod it was a fish on and I played that and it resulted in a lovely 17lb 4oz common.
[img][/img]
After weighing that and taking photos and returning it I was making a new pva bag and my other rod screamed off and that fish just kept pulling and pulling, it had so much power and took me right round the swim and when I got that in it was another 17lb 4oz common, we knew it wasn’t the same fish since it had a deformed mouth and a split fin.
[img][/img]
After catching them I had no more action until dark and about 10 I had a run and it was a small common at 9lb 4oz on my right hand rod which was just straight in front of me.
[img][/img]
Then about 4 I had another run and it was a 8lb exact common, once again on the right hand rod.
[img][/img]
Then in the morning I was in bed and he was at the caravan with Kelly and I had a few beeps and they weren’t runs but just beeps and I went out to investigate and picked up the rod and the tipped pulled round and that resulted in a nice 9lb common, once again on the right hand rod.
[img][/img]
After that I had no more action but still very pleased on a new pb and new wellham pb, cant wait to go back to wellham now.

No comments:

Post a Comment