Pages

Saturday 27 August 2011

31st july -- 2nd aug


Well its good to be back to wellham, we haven’t been for 8 weeks, we were supposed to come last week but we had car difficulties so we had to put it back a week so that’s why were here now. We were at wellham for a 48 hour session sun-tue, on peg 1 and 2. we arrived on Sunday around dinner time and we had a talk to Kelly and then we went to our peg and set up.
I was on peg one and my dad was on peg 2, I had one on the left channel and one straight ahead just of the side of the weed and I had both rods on chods, one with a 15mm white chocolate boilie and the other with a pineapple and butyric pop-up. Through the day I had no run/ linners at all which give us very low confidence but we stuck at it. Through out the night we had no fish but I was having constant line bites and it kept us up for a fair while. The next morning we were pretty disappointed but hey that’s fishing you get blanks. Throughout the day we kept on using the chods and the same spots and nothing but at dinner time-ish we were talking to a guy who has been on peg stalking and he had a fair few fish out in a short amount of time, well its stalking so what do you expect, we asked his tactics and he was using little dumbbell bottom baits with a sold pva bag full of pellets with a safety inline lead set up and he was fishing in the weed, so we adapted his tactics and we moved our rods, I had my chod still in the left channel but my right rod I put the rig he used and I plopped it in the weed, through out the night I had many line bites on both rods but no fish, but sometime in the night my dad had a 14lb common which was a stunning fish, that fish had buried its self into the weed so we had to give it slack line and then it just freed its self.
The next morning my rod was half on the bank sticks it had been pulled out, to be honest I was very lucky it hadn’t been pulled in but the line was tight and in the weed and I thought it was just chocked up but if you had give it slack line the rod would jolt and go tight so it was a fish, for a fair amount of time I kept giving it slack but nothing was happening so my dad kindly offered to go out in the boat and he went out and picked the weed of and the fish splashed and soaked him, what a good fish ha ha, but anyways he estimated the fish to be capable of 18lb but the line on my hook lenth just snapped and it was braid, it must have been rubbing g against something in the water to cause it to become weak so over all I was gutted. Also when getting out the boat the boat slipped back and my dad fell in, But not next week but the week after I am back on wellham and hopefully we will succeed in the quest to catch a few carp. Every blank makes your next fish even more special to catch.
Thank you
-laura

No comments:

Post a Comment