Pages

Saturday 27 August 2011

Sunday 21st – Tuesday 23rd august 2011


Well me and my dad are back at wellham and were back for a 48hour session on stalking peg, after a talk to Kelly he said that on the surface has been producing well so, after setting up, he put a float out with a dog biscuit but didn’t catch anything, throughout the early afternoon we had nothing no bleeps and no fish but roughly 3:50pm i had a screaming run on the left side of the peg and the rod was roughly placed half way between the island and the margin so in the middle and that fishing produced to a lovely 9lb exact common, throughout the photo-ing he was good apart from the slap on my head.



The rig and bait I caught that on was a hooklenth of roughly 6inches and simply attached on through a simple hair rig and quite a big bit of shrink tubing to make the hook turn faster and the bait was a DNA slk 16mm boilie topped off with a piece of fake pink corn, and I just coupled that with a little pva bag full of DNA slk pellets.
At roughly 4:40pm on that afternoon I had enougher fish which was caught on the same rod and it weighed in at 12lb 8oz and it was a stunning fish

.....then at half 5 I had another screaming run on the exact same rod, but half way in it unfortunately spat the hook, since I had 3 runs on that rod i have changed the tactic onto the other rod with the pink corn and small pva bag and put it in the general same area.
Sunday night was a very peaceful sleep, no fish, no bleeps and it was pretty disappointing but the guys on the other side of the island had 3 carp and 3 eels. Since last night’s blank I put one rod on yesterday’s tactics and I put the other rod on a simple chod and just with a 15mm white chocolate sticky baits pop up. White chocolate pop ups have been a big part of my fishing and have been a part of my confidence, if i had to rely on one pop up it would defiantly be white chocolate.
On the Monday before breakfast I went onto peg 1 and 2 with a controller float and just used dog biscuits and I banded a chopped down pop up boilie, the result was plenty of fish cruising and fish taking my bait and I managed to hook one but it sadly came off.
Through tout the day on Monday I combined my tactics to zig, surface, chod and bottom baits but i had no success.
Anyway after my 48hour session I had the two and my dad had none, still really enjoyed the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment